November was a month of contrasting performance. While the conventional equity market and alternative investment did well, crypto had one of the worst months, thanks to the FTX Fiasco. Sam Bankman, the owner of FTX and apparently a fraud went on to become from the JP Morgan of crypto to the Bernie Madoff of crypto. Some of the most popular VCs like Sequoia were invested in the company which was valued at 32 Billion USD in January 2022.
FTX would mint FTT cryptocurrency and then sell it/Loan it to Alameda. Alameda would then borrow actual money and other cryptocurrencies using the free FTT as collateral. In this way, Bankman-Fried would allegedly print his own cryptocurrency and then exchange it for real money, earning billions.
Such is the scale of the FTX crash that many large trading institutions have been left with empty bags as FTX was the go-to trading platform for most training companies.
Alternative Investment Portfolio Performance
This Month I reinvested capital across Bonds and other alternatives. I have also been exploring unlisted equity. Would be adding NSE shares this month to the portfolio. The long process of acquiring NSE Shares has caused procrastination.
Would be buying NSE Shared through Unlistedzone
|Growpital||14%(Tax-Free)||Blended Yield across Plans|
|Leafround||18%||New (7 Payments)|
- Received payment from Growpital on time
- All my cash flows in Klubworks, WintWealth, Pyse, Leafround, and GripInvest are as per schedule.
- Added 2 invoice discounting deals on Jiraaf.
- Invested in 2 more Leasing deals on Gripinvest at 22% PreTax and 1 Deal on Leafround
- Adding one MLD in Altifi as they have better tax benefit than bonds
Invoice Discounting and Pooled Loans
|Liquiloans (Liquid Fund Substitute)||9-10%||0%|
|Lendbox (Per Annum +Settlement Finance)||11.50%||0%|
- Lendbox settlement finance returns and Per Annum returns are as per expectations.
- Using Liquiloans to park short term capital
- Zetwork Deal matured on KredX. Have reinvested in Zetwork again at 12.5% IRR.Have another outstanding Zetwerk deal on Tradecred
We had shared FTX issue just before withdrawal when rumors were running around. I was able to take out most of the capital. A small amount still got stuck as I got careless and delayed my KYC.
Now Binance is the only large crypto exchange left globally. To avoid this kind of mess I am thinking of keeping 90% of my crypto assets in a Cold Wallet. Will be doing a post once I buy a hardware wallet
Crypto is definitely at an attractive level but the bigger challenge is to find an exchange that doesn’t go bust. I am keeping a small amount in Iconomi on some active strategies and for the rest of my planned passive investment, I will move to cold wallets. Though ICONOMI was one of the first crypto firms to be registered with the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and keeps an audited Crypto asset proof on the chain, the black swan events in the crypto market have made me decide to risk only a minimum capital on any platform.
|Crypto Hedge Fund Iconomi||-15%|
|Crypto Hedge Fund Ember||–|
|Crypto Hedging Deribit||5%|
- India P2P – 40%
- 12Club – 5%
- I2IFunding- 35%
|I2IFunding||Urban Clap Loans, education loans, Group loans||13.5%||4.85%|
|IndiaP2P||Only Women Borrower Loans, Branch-based p2p lending||16%||0%|
|FINZY||Prime Borrowers, High Salary,A category||14.2%||3.5%|
|12 Club||Only Minimum amount||12%||0%|
- IndiaP2P performance has been consistently positive till now with negligible NPA. Have increased allocation and will continue to monitor
- Have been investing in Urban Clap Loans on I2IFunding
- The systematic investment plan loan on Faircent ( Only SIP Loan) is doing well
International Real Estate and P2P
|Lofty (Tokenized Real Estate)||13%||New|
|Evostate (Aggregator Platform)||12%|
|RealT US High Yield Property(crypto-based)||11%||Rental yield|
- With the current crisis going on in Europe I feel its best to not increase allocation to Europe-based platforms
Last few months I had invested in the US and China as highlighted in the October review. Both countries have done extremely well in a month timeframe. However, it is too early to say. I will add more in dips.
- Invested in Nasdaq 100 FOF operated by Navi Mutual fund
- Invested in China and Hangeng Tech ETF through Stockal and Mirae Mutual Fund.
Indian market looks very strong at the moment but valuations do not allow me to add in large quantities. Will add small quantities to avoid feeling FOMO in case the market doesn’t correct 🙂
Other Alternative Investment Assets and Platform Updates
Growpital Investment – Based on my latest conversation with the Growpital Founder below are some of the updates he provided:
- Listed first ever NCDs on Tyke Invest, it got fully subscribed within 6 hours of listing and by end of the campaign it was subscribed
- Got a Contract from McCain for Potato seed multiplication. Currently, the project is going in full swing at Barmer, Rajasthan.
o-gallery/rajasthan/big-deal- with-multinational-food-compan y-potato-farming-first-time- in-bamer-will-make-farmers- rich
rajasthan/barmer-big-deal-with -multinational-food-company- potato-farming-first-time-in- bamer-will-make-farmers-rich- 4931655.html
armer-agriculture-rajasthan-po tato-agro-farming-tenanat-cont ractfarming-taratra-vilaage- india
- Recently listed assets on Leafround to restrict blockage of our capital in one place. Now the cost is distributed across 12 months for the same asset, it helps to get technological advancement faster.
- In the final discussion to add Tea and coffee plantations to farm portfolios as well. Also exploring farm projects across Europe and Africa.
- Latest number, AUM:15 Cr+, Users 2000+, Farmlands- 2000+ acre
Sustvest Investment – Have invested in the latest Lodha opportunity on Sustvest. The payout has been consistent till now for my other investment.
Fractional Real Estate Update- My investment in MYRE Capital Vaishnav Park has been performing as expected. I have received 9 cashflows on time. People who are interested in a lower minimum (INR 1 lakh) can invest in Real Estate on Grip Invest(you need to invest INR 25 lakh over 5 years )
|Platform||Returns||Payment Received on time|