Every quarter investor hopes that Fed would pull the plug on the interest rate uptrend cycle only to disappoint. Markets have been tepid factoring in more rate hikes this year
Many people feel that this rate hike is an unusual behavior from Fed and might be surprised to know that in past we had witnessed sharper rate hikes. The last 10 years had a falling rate scenario which makes people forget the interest rate history.
There is a consensus that a rate hike would somewhat end this year, hence could be a good time to add Target Maturity Debt funds to ride the benefit when rates start going down.
Alternative Investment Portfolio Performance
This month I explored 2 new platforms viz: Betterinvest and Altius. To be honest I had made my investment in betterinvest a few months back but wanted to do more research before covering it.
|Growpital||16%(Tax Free)||Blended Yield|
- Growpital has been doing well currently. There is another upcoming AMA session in March.
- All my cash flows in Klubworks, WintWealth, Pyse, Leafround, and GripInvest are as per schedule.
- Klubworks had Network 72 Deal this month
- In Jiraaf my investment in Bhanix Finance and Investment Limited (BFIL) corporate debt has started paying
- Invested in 1 Inventory Finance deal on Gripinvest at 22% PreTax and 1 invoice on Leafround
- Have added Dvara and Stashfin on Altifi
- Investing in Interim finance bond on Legalpay
Invoice Discounting and Pooled Loans
|Liquiloans (Liquid Fund Substitute)||9-10%||0%|
|Lendbox (Per Annum +Settlement Finance)||11.50%||0%|
- Lendbox settlement finance returns and Per Annum returns are as per expectations.
- Using Liquiloans to park short term capital
- Have done a Cocoblu deal on Kredx and Zetwerk on Tradecred
- Not adding any capital to cashkumar as deal flow is too slow at the moment.
Bitcoin and Ethereum have recovered this quarter from the lows but the rally has not been sustained. Currently looking to add crypto and put it in Cold wallet gradually.
- India P2P – 50%
- 12Club – 5%
- I2IFunding- 25%
- Faircent Pool Loan -5%
|I2IFunding||Urban Clap Loans, education loans, Group loans||13.5%||4.75%|
|IndiaP2P||Only Women Borrower Loans, Branch-based p2p lending||17%||<1%|
|FINZY||Prime Borrowers, High Salary,A category||14.2%||3.5%|
|12 Club||Only Minimum amount||12%||0%|
- IndiaP2P performance has been consistent for more than 8 months now. I have added capital to the aggressive plan only. They have added escrow feature that can make reinvestment easier
- Rupeecircle repayment is also dead now. Blacklisting both Lenden club and Rupeecircle
- The systematic investment plan loan on Faircent ( Only SIP Loan) is doing well
Altius provides comprehensive research on unlisted stocks with historical prices. This can be a good time to accumulate some quality stocks in the unlisted space. It is advisable to create a portfolio than take a concentrated bet
The P/E of Nifty has come down from 24 to 20 in the last 1 year as the market has been rangebound. At these levels, for someone with a long time frame perspective, it can be an opportunity to buy mutual funds in a staggered manner. In fact, in 2021 the PE was 40 at one time!
Other Alternative Investment Assets and Platform Updates
Growpital Investment – Growpital has been making good progress. Things look positive for now. Would be monitoring for a few more months before adding incremental capital.
You can find the latest stats here –Growpital Performance
Sustvest Investment – There are 2 new opportunities on Sustvest offering upto 11% post-tax returns, My investments are performing well.
Fractional Real Estate Update- My investment in MYRE Capital Vaishnav Park has been performing as expected. I have received cash flow on time for a year now. There is a new NCD opportunity secured by Real Estate live on the platform
|Platform||Returns||Payment Received on time|