This month the world’s leading economic authorities sounded the alarm about the forces working against the Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, and other central banks as they combat the worst inflation in decades. A shallow, but the long, recession that stretches over five quarters in the US, and a much deeper recession in Europe is being predicted.
The energy crisis is getting worse in Europe while China is reeling under a slowdown and real estate crisis. India seems to be better poised than other nations. Some statistics even predict an average growth for India in the next few quarters.
The crypto market took a massive hit after US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell made hawkish remarks. “The Merge”, Ethereum’s long-awaited switch to proof-of-stake, is a few short weeks away. However, the coin tanked from under $1,700 to nearly $1,400.Bitcoin is also below the crucial psychological level of 20,000 USD.
Alternative Investment Portfolio Performance
|Growpital||12%(Tax-Free)||New (7 Payments)|
|Leafround||17%||New (4 Payments)|
- Received payment from Growpital
- All my cash flows in Klubworks, WintWealth, Pyse, and GripInvest are as per schedule.
- Invested in Real Estate debt issued by KNS Infra offering 16.14% IRR on Jiraaf
- Invested in Pikkol on Klubworks
- Invested in a New deal on Sustvest at 11.2%
- Invested in Navi Bonds and Kissht on Altifi at 10.1% and 13% IRR
- Might increase allocation to Growpital if they raise money this money.
Invoice Discounting and Pooled Loans
|Liquiloans (Liquid Fund Substitute)||9-10%||0%|
|Lendbox (Per Annum +Settlement Finance)||11.50%||0%|
- Lendbox settlement finance returns and Per Annum returns are as per expectations
- Invested in Reliance Retail on Tradecred
- I have invested in Zetwerk on KredX for 13%.
Crypto market is still in a bear zone. The fear of Fed taking out liquidity from market has made people dump all risk assets. However if we look down deeper there is a lot of traction in the digital asset universe.
Around ~90 companies working on Web3 received ~$1.86b in funding in August.Blackrock and Mastercard tied up with Coinbase and Binance respectively for providing crypto exposure to investors. These things point to a long term positive outlook.
- I have done a small SIP through iconomi. I will be doing small monthly SIPS on FTX and Iconomi. It is a risk investment but has potential to give multifold returns in the long run.
- I will be happy if BTC test 15,000 level as that can be a good level to enter.
|Crypto Hedge Fund Iconomi||-15%|
|Crypto Hedge Fund Ember||–|
|Crypto Hedging Deribit||6%|
- India P2P – 35%
- 12Club – 5%
- I2IFunding- 30%
|I2IFunding||Urban Clap Loans, education loans, Group loans||13.5%||4.85%|
|IndiaP2P||Only Women Borrower Loans, Branch-based p2p lending||16%||0%|
|FINZY||Prime Borrowers, High Salary,A category||14.2%||3.5%|
|12 Club||Only Minimum amount||12%||0%|
- IndiaP2P performance has been consistently positive till now. Have increased allocation
- Have been investing in Urban Clap Loans on I2IFunding
- The systematic investment plan loan on Faircent ( Only SIP Loan) is doing well
International Real Estate and P2P
|Lofty (Tokenized Real Estate)||13%||New|
|Evostate (Aggregator Platform)||12%|
|RealT US High Yield Property(crypto-based)||11%||Rental yield|
- We will be soon covering how to seamlessly invest in European platforms using MCA
- Still exploring some interesting opportunities in Europe
U.S. equities fell on Friday to cap their third straight weekly decline after a solid August jobs report failed to ease fears that the Federal Reserve would keep aggressively hiking interest rates to fight inflation
Indian market fared better. In August, FPIs made their biggest investment of ₹51,204 cr in the equities market year-to-date. The valuation is still not cheap and I will stick to small SIPS till I feel more comfortable.
Other Alternative Assets and Platform Updates
Sustvest Investment – Recently invested in the Rooftop solar project of Chromewell Engineering. The financials of the company are decent and the investment will yield 11.2% Tax-Free with a lockin of 8 months.
Fractional Real Estate Update- My investment in MYRE Capital Vaishnav Park has been performing as expected. I have received 7 cashflows on time. People who are interested in a lower minimum (INR 1 lakh) can invest in Real Estate on Grip Invest. New Vaishnav Park Opportunity is live. again
|Platform||Returns||Payment Received on time|